We are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to work in a busy office within a local Council Regeneration department
The post holder will be accountable to the Senior Support Services Officer and will work in co-operation with other Administration Assistants in Business Support.
The post holder will also work with other Support Services staff in Business Support to ensure service delivery. The post holder will also work when required in conjunction with other Managers who along with the Business Support Manager form part of the Regeneration and Local Services Management Team.
The post holder will be responsible for providing Administrative Support in a customer focussed Support Services team within Regeneration and Local Services, and will work closely with the Heads of Service and Technical Staff to ensure the team are providing a quality back office support service.
These teams will comprise of
* Building & FM Services
* Clean & Green
* Neighborhoods Protection,
* Refuse & Recycling
* Strategic Waste Management
* Design Services,
* Strategic Highways
* Highway Services
- In addition, the post holder will be responsible for transforming existing systems with an aim to eradicate paper and promote electronic data interchange/ filing where possible.
- Using MS Word, Excel and an in-house system.
- Working with a customer focussed team approach.
- Work with the other Administration Assistants to ensure a quality service is provided to front line services at all times.
- Ensure post handling is carried out efficiently and effectively over the appropriate sites
- To work with other Support staff to assist in providing documents and reports to defend insurance claims
- To work with other members of the team to ensure resources are efficiently and effectively used
- Work with Technical Staff to ensure administrative support is in accordance with business needs
- Must have previous office administrative experience
- Must be educated to 5 GCSE’s (Graded A-C) or equivalent.
- Proven experience in taking ownership and delivering results
- Experience in promoting a positive culture whilst working within a team
- Able to manage major change effectively
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision
- Experience with ICT packages predominantly MS Word and Excel
- Experience with Oracle would be beneficial
- Practical knowledge and understanding of local government administration processes would be beneficial
- Ideally have an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and safe working practices.
- High level written and oral communication skills