We are currently looking for x3 Call Handlers to provide a 24/7, 365 days service taking calls from Assistive Technology patients and escalating them to emergency services when required in the South Shields area.
- Receive and answer calls and alerts from Assistive Technology users, contractors, locally
based staff, managers and other internal and external bodies, prioritising responses where
- Assess and identify the nature and reason for the call, building rapport and understanding with the caller.
- Contact emergency or medical services, ensuring situations are resolved efficiently.
- Ensure all physical responses requested are completed within 45 minutes.
- Write call reports and take the correct reporting action for that customer and call type.
- Work towards KPIs.
- Record on the appropriate system all stock allocations.
- Complete reviews / maintenance of equipment within people’s homes and record outcomes on the required system.
- Complete recycling of equipment as requested (daily).
- Record all referrals on the required system.
- Work a shift system to include Day / Night rota and Lone Working.
- Undertake administration duties to ensure compliance with organisational and administration requirements.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a friendly telephone manner.
- Must be able to work under pressure and towards targets.
- Must be able to work late shifts and weekends.
- Will be subject to a DBS check.
The role will initially run until December 2021 with possible extensions to follow. 2 positions are 21 hours per week, 1 is 28 hours.