We are currently looking for 2 experience Training and Employment Support Officers to work within the Employment & Skills Section of this busy local government office in Durham.
The main purpose of the job is to contribute to the provision and delivery of high quality training and development programmes against identified targets/individual learning plans – enabling learners to maximise their individual potential.
- Involved with the design and delivery of effective Foundation to Work programmes
- Prepare and deliver session plans and appropriate course materials.
- Undertake initial interview and assessment to determine clients’ levels of competence resulting in the preparation of appropriate training programmes.
- Monitor the progress of individual clients, providing appropriate levels of guidance and support, ensuring purposeful and effective training programmes are maintained.
- Develop and deliver programmes ensuring that the necessary activities are completed.
- Ensure the successful recruitment and progression of clients – maintaining effective relations with contract holders, Jobcentre Plus, LSC, Training Providers and Further Education Colleges.
- Maintain administrative procedures relating to training.
- Ensure the level and condition of equipment is appropriate for the delivery of effective training programmes.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- Must possess a relevant teaching qualification such as a City and Guilds 7407
- Must possess an IAG level 4 or equivalent
- Must have teaching experience
- Must have experience in adult teaching, and employment support
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure