We are currently looking for a Technical Officer with experience in the housing sector to provide a full range of technical duties regarding specific properties.
- Investigating complaints from members of the public, interviewing the complainant and other parties as necessary, collecting information and reporting in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Investigating and reporting on statutory or other public health related nuisances and taking action as instructed.
- Contributing to the provision of training courses.
- Conducting visits of and surveying properties
- Understanding and working off of architectural drawings and structural reports.
- Assessment of conditions using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System in properties across all areas.
- The implementation of policies and procedures in relation to the provision of disabled facilities grants.
- Assisting in providing information on the conditions and improvement potential of all properties within the area.
- Contributing to public participation meetings.
- To maintain all confidential and sensitive records.
- Must be educated to degree level in relevant subject, or possess equivalent experience from previous similar roles.
- Must have experience in a similar role.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with clients and candidates.
- Must have a Full UK Driving License.
This may involve working outside of the advertised hours.