We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Commissioning Engineer to work on a range of flight simulators.
The role will be working in the UK, Europe and also the USA.
- Responsible for performing assigned engineering tasks in accordance with the contract terms, specification, schedule, and all sub-tasks involved with the statement of work under instruction from the Senior Program Manager and/or Senior Test/Field Engineer on flight simulators.
- Provide in-house and on-site support in performance of installation, integration, commissioning/testing, trouble shooting and acceptance tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge as applicable to testing new update designs and/or the running of simulator qualification test guide tests & simulator baseline tests prior to dismantling and after installation during a simulator relocation program.
- Support engineering design tasks and liaise with the design engineering as applicable.
- Support the performance of the simulator(s) and sub-systems testing to prove adequate functionality and quality of the delivered product.
- Resolve technical problems/issues found during the test, integration, and acceptance phases of the assigned projects.
- Demonstrate analytical, fault diagnosis and rectification skills in rectification of simulator faults using all available test equipment while documenting all repairs performed, providing daily progress reports evaluating project status.
- Demonstrate skilled understanding of mechanical / electrical installation drawings, three dimensional drawings/ CAD models, assembly drawings and circuit diagrams.
- Demonstrate skilled understanding of standard simulator software architectures.
- Demonstrate skills on mechanical/electrical input of all programs/projects with assembly/installation of simulators/ upgrades/ updates and/or associated subsystems across a broad range of manufacturers and systems vintages.
- Responsible for data entry into program documentation, as applicable.
- Support performance of facility setup procedures in accordance with simulator OEM facility design criteria documents under instruction from the Sr. Program Manager and/or Sr. Test/Field Engineer.
- Must be skilled in testing, commissioning, trouble shooting and maintaining flight simulators and associated equipment and sub-systems.
- Solid understanding of blueprints, drawings, and possess thorough knowledge using tooling of the trade required to perform specific tasks.
- Awareness of flight simulator packing quality requirements in accordance with company procedures.
- Understanding of mechanical / electrical assembly and general fabrication.
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50-lb (Moderate to heavy objects) with bending and kneeling.
- Must be a team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and be customer service oriented.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as a minimum.
- Must possess a valid up to date passport w/ minimum validity of 6-months being maintained at all times and be able to travel globally, occasionally at short notice and for a relatively indeterminate amount of time depending on the specific project requirements.
- Able to pass background checks, as needed and if required, by Customer.
- Strong analytical, reasoning abilities and decision-making skills.
- Must represent the company in a professional manner.
- May, at times be required to operate equipment such as, forklift truck, scissor lift, cherry picker, overhead crane etc.
- Training will be given as applicable.
- Job descriptions reflect general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the main functions of the job, as identified, and are not to be considered a complete list of all job duties for the position