We are currently looking for an experienced and educated Corporate Procurement Officer to manage the spending and tendering process in a busy Durham office.
- Manage procurement projects and carry out tendering activities to ensure that procurement spend is strategically managed to achieve sustainable social and community benefits and continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Provide professional procurement support and advice to service groupings, and partner organisations.
- Manage spend categories utilising category management processes to secure quality and deliver value for money across the Council.
- Provide advice and guidance to service areas and partner organisations for devolved area procurement projects.
- Develop and implement corporate policies, sustainability, procedures and internal budgetary management.
- Develop, implement and operate e-Procurement and e-Purchasing tools, systems and procedures.
- Must have CIPS level 4 or equivalent.
- Must have previous experience in a similar role.
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Must be able to work under pressure.