We are currently looking for someone to provide support to the Legal & Democratic Services Legal Manager (Property Planning and Procurement) on all procurement projects and development work including Private Finance Initiatives, Public Private Partnerships and the Building Schools for the Future programme in Durham.
- Undertake advocacy in court, tribunals and inquiries when required.
- Personal conduct of a full procurement, projects and development related workload.
- Providing procurement projects and development related advice to all clients (both internal and external) in an efficient and effective manner.
- Representing the Service at internal and external meetings as directed.
- To assist in the general management of the team including attendance at team meetings and workload planning meetings.
- Developing working practices, in conjunction with Instructing Departments where appropriate, which assist the efficient and economical delivery of services.
- Assisting in the coordination, direction training and supervision of trainees, sponsored students and short term placements in the Section.
- Must have previous experience in a similar role.
- Must have a Solicitor/Barrister current practising license (Will accept those currently awaiting certificates)