We are currently recruiting for a temporary Procurement Officer to work 2-3 days a week in a fast paced role within a busy South Tyneside Council Office.
- Managing of the tendering process
- Ensuring timescales are met and all tendering procedures are as EU/public procurement guidelines and within own financial regulations.
- Liaising with stakeholders.
- Responding and resolving queries regarding procurement from College/Schools and suppliers as appropriate.
- Supporting college/school team members to ensure a planned approach to upcoming procurement tasks and plans.
- Recording and communicating outcomes of any procurement processes to comply with audit requirements.
- Inputting confidential information and scanning for discrepancies.
- Writing up reports.
- Providing procurement advice and support to senior members and colleagues.
- Any general administrative duties such as collating, filing, scanning, use of Office and in-house databases etc.
- Must have previous experience in Procurement.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- An enhanced DBS is desirable, but not essential as you will be subjected to one upon offer.
The contract will initially run up until June 2021 with possible extensions to follow.