We are currently looking for an experienced PA to provide clerical assistance to the Head of Housing and Development in the Durham area ASAP.
- Process mail, answer and deal with telephone and personal enquiries and correspondence on behalf of the Head of Service.
- Manage the electronic diary of the Head of Service to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Produce and format documents, reports, letters etc., collating information from various sources.
- Produce and update spreadsheets and presentations including PowerPoint.
- Make arrangements for meetings including the booking of venues, sending invitations.
- Undertake progress/chasing tasks arising from meetings.
- Prepare agendas and meetings papers, take notes and produce accurate minutes.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Organise travel, accommodation and hospitality requirements.
- Effectively communicate with elected members, senior officers in the Authority, and with representatives of other agencies and members of the public.
- Undertake projects and administrative tasks as required, including the research and presentation of information.
- MUST have an NVQ Level 3 in Business Admin or equivalent such as A levels, City and Guilds, etc.
- MUST have excellent admin and typing skills.
- MUST have previous experience in a similar role.
- MUST be able to effectively take minutes of meetings.
This is an ongoing contract initially until November 2021 with possible extensions to follow.