We are currently looking for a Neighbourhood Housing Officer to provide housing and admin support across the Gateshead borough, conducting home visits and supporting tenants on a daily basis.
- Be the first point of contact for tenants and providing support when necessary
- Work with vulnerable tenants and make referrals when needed
- Carry out a range of visits to properties ensuring they’re kept in good condition
- Provide customers with housing advice when needed and carry out home visits to assist the rehousing process
- Undertake reviews regarding tenancies
- Carry out inspections on estates and communal areas
- Liaise with customers, other services, councillors, and a range of partners
- General admin duties such as writing reports, diary management, data entry, answering calls etc
- Will include remote working for some days
- Must have previous experience in a Housing role
- Must have excellent Customer Service skills
- Must be IT literate
- May be subjected to an Enhanced DBS check
The role will initially run until September 2021 with possible extensions to follow.