We are looking to recruit an experienced Neighborhood Housing officer in the GATESHEAD , Tyne and Wear area.
- Proactively manage a cross tenure patch of properties, including properties managed on behalf of other landlords, providing customer focused services in line with the company’s service standards and values.
- To become the key local contact for tenants, providing appropriate support and early intervention to sustain tenancies and maximize income.
- To work with vulnerable tenants, making appropriate referrals and liaising with partners and services to develop and monitor support plans.
- Carry out a range of visits to ensure tenancies are sustained and properties are kept in good condition.
- To provide customers with appropriate housing advice and where necessary carry out home visits to assist the rehousing process; this includes visits to approve mutual exchanges and registration of transfers.
- To proactively manage and investigate reports of nuisance and ASB to prevent escalation. Take appropriate action in each case, working in partnership with other services and agencies to seek a positive resolution.
- To undertake reviews of fixed term and introductory tenancies.
- To provide a responsive estate management service to ensure a clean, safe and sustainable environment, reporting and tackling environmental issues daily.
- Carry out scheduled inspections to support and compliment the daily identification of issues on estates and communal areas.
Applicants should have similar experience