We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Technician to work on a range of flight simulators.
The role will be working in the UK, Europe and also the USA.
- Working on a range of Flight Simulators.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately work to close mechanical
- Accurately work from mechanical (installation) drawings, three dimensional drawings, assembly drawings and
- Demonstrate careful & skilled mechanical input on all programs/projects for tasks such as, dismantle, pack/unpack & assemble/installation of Simulators and/or associated subsystems across a broad range of manufacturers and
- Assemble Simulator Hardware to Company procedures and standards providing a functional and quality product.
- Demonstrate skilled use of specialized Company tooling and equipment for the assembly and/or relocation of Simulators and diversified Program/
- Document all repairs and work carried out. Provide progress, if and as requested, reports and maintain open communication on project status to Site Team Leader / Manufacturing Group
- Ensure compliance with company provided Method Statements & Risk Assessments and bring to the attention of the Site Team Leader / Manufacturing Group Leader any additional site-specific threats or risks, if not
- Ensure all tooling is securely stowed away at the end of each day’s effort to prevent loss/theft.
- Immediately report any damaged, lost tooling or equipment to the Site Team
- Have previous similar experience with Flight Simulators
- Able to pass background checks, as needed and if required, by Customer.
- Solid understanding of sensitive equipment handling
- Solid understanding of blueprints, drawings, and possess thorough knowledge using tooling of the trade required to perform specific tasks.
- Solid understanding of mechanical/electrical assembly and general
- Strong analytical and reasoning
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50-lb (Moderate to heavy objects) with bending and
- Able to operate warehouse tooling and equipment to include but not limited to forklift, scissor lift, cherry picker, , certification/training may be provided.
- Must possess a valid up to date passport and be able to travel
- Must always represent the company in a professional
- Must be a Team player with a positive ‘can do’
- Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed and/or required to complete assigned Projects/
Job descriptions reflect general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the main functions of the job, as identified, and are not to be considered a complete list of all job duties for the position.