We are currently looking for an experienced Service Engineer to provide IT Support in a set of schools across the North Tyneside area.
- Provide scheduled technical maintenance and support for ICT to a set of schools.
- Involvement in larger installations in schools in line with documented project plans.
- Provide reactive IT support as required, including telephone support, remote support, site visits and assistance with hardware quotations.
- Dealing with configurations, set-up and day-to-day operations of a broad range of current hardware devices – PCs, laptops, netbooks, printers and other peripherals.
- Troubleshoot networked devices and identify causes and apply solutions.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers if required.
- Prioritise calls logged with the helpdesk.
- Use of various MS Office products as well as in-house systems.
- Logging all issues and keeping records up to date.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a good understanding of Windows Server, Windows O/S, iOS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Network LANs/ WANs, TCP/IP and wireless networking.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have current Enhanced DBS, issued within last 12 months with certificates to show.