We are currently looking for a full-time experienced Housing Plus Officer to work across various community locations in the South Tyneside area, working Monday to Friday with some weekends required.
- Providing housing related support to customers and tenants in accordance with requirements of legislation, good practice, and the Company’s policies and
- Providing a range of services to help and support tenants with their duties
under the tenancy agreement, including repairs reporting and rent advice.
- Working with the customer in the development of a support plan which
maximises support and their ability to sustain suitable long term housing
and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Delivering on all aspects of tenancy management including tenancy
changes, rent enquiries, property condition and anti- social behaviour.
- Maintaining regular contact with residents and customers within the agreed
- Signposting for welfare benefit, money advice and to help to observe the
obligations and responsibilities of their tenancy.
- Provide short-term emergency assistance to residents until
implementation of Care Services, i.e. shopping, laundry, prescription pick
- Facilitating the management and letting of void properties including the
signing up of new tenancies and tenancy terminations.
- Must have previous experience dealing with housing related duties
- Must hold a full, clean UK driving license and own a car
- Must have an Enhanced DBS
- Must be able to flexibly work weekends
- Must be professional, calm, non-judgmental yet assertive
- Must be tactful and diplomatic