Experienced Welder/ Fabricator required for expanding company based in Gateshead to work on mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium architectural and bespoke products.
- Fabrication/MIG /TIG welding of 2nd stage structures – the successful candidate will be able to read and implement from technical drawings.
- Fabrication of hand rails, guards and as well as security doors, balustrades, architectural designs and bespoke customised customer orders using mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
- Cutting bending and welding of products.
- Finishing and quality inspection
- Must be aware that there will be overnight travel and working away from home on some installations.
- The successful candidate must hold current CSCS card.
- Must hold a current driving licence.
- Have at least 2 years experience of fabrication from interpreting drawings to final finished product working on bespoke and architectural metalwork.
- Have experience of working with mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
- Be able to weld (MIG and TIG)
- Be able to work on bespoke orders from drawing phase to end finished product without supervision
- Ideally hold an IPAF or Pasma card
- Be able to work away from home on installation phase
- Overtime is available
The role is expected to be on-going with a view to permanency for the right candidate