We are currently looking for an experienced Environmental Crime Coordinator to work in the Darlington public area.
- Administer enforcement sanctions for businesses or individuals who are proven to have acted irresponsibly and in a manner likely to cause harm to public health or the environment.
- Provide support and assistance to individuals and businesses on environmental regulations and legislation, to encourage and require compliance where possible.
- Undertake educational work and actively engage with the local community, including local businesses, community groups, associations and schools, promoting environmental awareness and responsibility.
- Carry out environmental enforcement actions to include fly tips, serve formal notices and issue fixed penalty tickets, issue letters, notices, schedules and any other documents as may be required.
- Patrol areas, undertake observations, investigations and surveys to identify compliance with relevant legislation.
- Issue fixed penalty notices for offences including dog fouling, littering, fly tipping and mis-presentation of waste.
- Prepare cases with a view to prosecution and to attend Court and give evidence as required.
- Liaise and attend meetings with the local community, developing links with local schools and other groups as appropriate.
- Use IT systems to input casework data and ensure accurate recording and collation of information. Maintain statistical information to enable performance monitoring and review.
- MUST have experience in a similar role.
- MUST be an excellent communicator.
- MUST hold Current Enhanced DBS
- MUST have knowledge of environmental laws, policies and procedures.
- MUST be able to work out of hours.