We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Technician to work on a range of flight simulators.
The role will be working in the UK, Europe and also the USA.
- Working on a range of Flight Simulators
- Accurately work from electrical installation drawings, three dimensional drawings, assembly drawings and circuit diagrams
- Accurately work from electrical (cable) assembly drawings with a solid understanding of electrical installations and wire ratings.
- Be able to build cable looms, wire wrap and install cable connectors using a range of Crimp tools
- Demonstrate careful & skilled electrical input on all programs/projects for tasks such as, dismantle, pack/unpack & assembly/installation of Simulators and/or associated subsystems across a broad range of manufacturers and
- Assemble Simulator Hardware to Company procedures and standards providing a functional and quality product.
- Demonstrate skilled use of specialized Company tooling and equipment for the assembly and/or relocation/update of Simulators and diversified Program/
- Document all repairs and work carried out. Provide progress reports and maintain open communication on project status to Site Team Leader / Manufacturing Group
- Ensure compliance with company provided Method Statements & Risk Assessments and bring to the attention of the Site Team Leader / Manufacturing Group Leader any additional site-specific threats or risks, if not
- Ensure all tooling is securely stowed away at the end of each day’s effort to prevent loss/theft.
- Immediately report any damaged, lost tooling or equipment to the Site Team
- Have previous similar experience with Flight Simulators
- Solid understanding of sensitive equipment handling
- Solid understanding of blueprints, drawings, and possess thorough knowledge using tooling of the trade required to perform specific tasks.
- Understanding of electrical assembly and general
- Strong analytical and reasoning
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50-lb (Moderate to heavy objects) with bending and
- Able to operate warehouse tooling and equipment to include but not limited to forklift, scissor lift, cherry picker, , certification/training may be provided.
- Must possess a valid up to date passport and be able to travel
- Must always represent the company in a professional
- Must be a Team player with a positive ‘can do’
- Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed and/or required to complete assigned Projects/
- Able to pass background checks, as needed and if required, by Customer.
Job descriptions reflect general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the main functions of the job, as identified, and are not to be considered a complete list of all job duties for the position.