We are currently recruiting for an experienced Data Protection Officer to provide assistance and support to Schools ensuring they are fully compliant and following up to date policies and procedures such as GDPR.
- Inform and advise schools on what they must do relating to data protection and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance.
- Provide advice and assistance to schools on matters relating to data protection as requested, ensuring an effective and timely service is provided.
- Take responsibility for advising schools about information governance policies and procedures which they will need, and provide advice about records management and records retention.
- Identify, respond to and monitor data protection queries from schools ensuring they are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be the lead contact for schools with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regarding data protection complaints and breaches, ensuring they are properly handled and key risk areas are highlighted.
- Conduct audits, prepare reports and present them to the Head teacher and board of Governors.
- Report data breaches.
- MUST have previous experience in a similar role.
- MUST hold a Data Protection qualification or equivalent.
- MUST have knowledge of current Data Protection and GDPR policies and procedures.
- MUST be an excellent communicator.
Please note: This role is currently working remotely but may move into Gateshead Civic Centre should guidance change.