We are currently looking for x5 Environmental Support Officers to work in the community ensuring the public are following guidelines, and staying safe and secure from Covid 19.
- Promote social distancing and encourage public compliance with COVID-19 public health measures.
- Educate and explain COVID-19 Secure guidelines in the public realm and for business premises.
- Issue fixed penalty notices for those who are non-compliant.
- Preparation of witness statements and attending Court and giving evidence as and when required.
- Visit business premises, often out of hours, to observe and inspect Covid Security measures escalating to the Environmental Health team as appropriate
- Monitoring environmental matters such as abandoned waste, fly-tipping, graffiti, street-lighting.
- Attend meetings and report daily activity and information from daily visits.
- Produce reports, letters and other appropriate documents as may be required.
- Must have the ability to engage with members of the public and businesses.
- Must have the ability to provide excellent customer care.
- Must have the ability to deal with potential conflict situations.
- Must be able to work weekends and late shifts on a rota basis when required.
***Please note: This is a Covid Enforcement and Support role, however, there could be extensions once there is a return to normality to keep people on as Community Support Officers and Environmental Health Officers.***