We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Officer to work in a busy Gateshead Office.
- Making cold calls to local businesses and employers to promote the benefits of apprenticeships and other learning programmes on behalf of Gateshead Council.
- Generating Leads.
- Working towards targets.
- Attending events for employers and learners to promote learning opportunities and programmes.
- Booking and attending meetings.
- Writing and typing newsletters, promo leaflets, and updating social media sites.
- Managing CRM databases and files.
- General admin duties such as filing, scanning, data entry, diary management, collating spreadsheets etc.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a sales or marketing environment.
- Must have experience working towards targets.
- Must be an excellent and effective communicator with good IT skills.
The position will initially run up until December 2021 with possible extensions to follow.