MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– To promote the Service vision, ‘Creating the safest community’.
– To ensure that all policies and procedures within the function are adhered to and in accordance with regulations, lean thinking and value for money.
– To undertake a wide range of clerical duties e.g. maintaining electronic and paper based office systems, photocopying, binding, laminating, printing, compilation of information packs, distribution and retrieval of items etc.
– To provide cover on Service Headquarters reception / switchboard as required receiving incoming calls and visitors in a courteous, efficient and effective manner.
– To provide cover for the Service post system as required including receiving and logging incoming mail, collecting outgoing mail and sorting / preparing for distribution.
– To input information / data and produce documentation using Microsoft Office packages following current guidelines in respect of standardisation in accordance with prescribed Service procedures.
– To assist in maintaining the Service central filing system including archiving documentation.
– To assist with room bookings ensuring rooms are set out accordingly with the necessary equipment liaising with IT to assist with any technical issues and carrying out routine checks as required.
– To assist with Service vehicle bookings allocating vehicle keys undertaking routine checks as required.
– To ensure the effective organisation of all aspects of meetings including booking venues/refreshments/equipment, preparation of all documentation, production of minutes and following up actions as required.
– To undertake driving duties (both within and outside of the Service area) including:
– Organising transport for official visitors/VIPs to the Service;
– Transporting personnel and official visitors to the Service;
– Transporting (collection/delivery) of items across the Service; and
– Providing transport for official events during the day and occasionally on an evening.
– To process internal stationery orders issuing items and assisting in the control of stationery stock held at Headquarters as required.
– To process and monitor orders and supplies (e.g. equipment / stationery / newspapers / periodicals / subscriptions etc.) considering cost effective / quality options.
– To take delivery of orders and complete necessary paperwork / checks.
– To maintain confidentiality at all times with regards to handling documentation.
– To work flexibly and support other members of the Business Services team and departments within the Resources Group.
– Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and ensure data security is maintained
– To attend internal and external training courses as necessary.
– To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post.
HEALTH AND SAFETY (GENERAL POLICY)
– By reference to current health and safety legislation and the Service’s Health and Safety Policy to ensure that all employees:-
– Take reasonable care for their own health and safety
– Consider the safety of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions and to cooperate with their employer to perform and comply with any duties or requirements imposed upon them
– Work with machinery, equipment and substances in accordance with information and training provided
– Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for the purpose of health, safety and welfare
– Report any hazardous defects in plant and equipment, or shortcomings in the existing safety arrangements, to a responsible person without delay
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY (GENERAL POLICY)
– To promote and monitor the application of the Authority’s Diversity and Equality Policy.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE PERSONS
– To promote the application of the Authority’s Safeguarding Policies.
– To demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the Service’s Environment Strategy, in relation to environment and carbon reduction policies.